About the Firm
KPS Advocates is a multi-disciplinary law firm rendering its services to Corporates and Individuals. The firm has a pan India presence operating from its offices in Gurugram and New Delhi. The firm also have associated offices in Major Metropolitan Cities of India.
Year of Origin
Certifications: Business & Corporate Laws in India Intellectual Property Laws
Founder & Managing Advocate
Mr. Kunwar Singh is a law graduate with proficiency in General & Commercial Laws mainly Arbitration, IPR, Contracts, Cyber Laws and other Mercantile Laws. He is enrolled with Bar Council of Delhi. He has been appointed as Sole Arbitrator in a number of cases and is also a registered Trademark Attorney. He is a member of Gurgaon District Court Bar Association, Saket Court Bar Association and Delhi High Court Bar Association. Mr. Singh is also an avid speaker and has spoken at the events organized by International Trademark Association (INTA), Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and other Educational Institutions. KPS Advocates acted as a Knowledge Partner to the National Moot Court Competition organized by DME College of Law, Noida. Mr. Singh has a versatile and enriching experience of over a decade of handling the following type of work:
Litigation & Arbitration
- Represented clients in the matters before The Supreme Court of India, The High Courts (Delhi, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Allahabad) & District Courts of various States (Gurugram, Delhi, Faridabad, Noida, Ghaziabad, Sonipat, Sohna, Karnal, Aurangabad, Agra), Tribunals including Debt Recovery Tribunals, National Company Law Tribunals(Delhi, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Ahmedabad), Real Estate Regulatory Authority, PMLA and their respective Appellate Authority, National and State Consumer Commissions, Ministerial & Government Departments etc.
- Prepared case strategies, written opinions and offer advice for clients in various fields of law like Arbitration Laws, Banking Laws, Information Technology, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws, Corporate Laws, Intellectual Property Rights, RERA, Commercial, Civil, Criminal and Consumer Disputes. Represented clients in a number of matters before Arbitration Tribunals conducted by Sole and Panel of Arbitrators.
- Appointed as Sole-Arbitration in a number of cases.
- Drafting and Vetting of General & Commercial contracts including but not limited to contracts for sale of goods, service provider agreements, license and franchise agreements, international distribution and agency agreements, irrevocable master fee protection agreements, non-circumvention and non- disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, employment agreements, concession agreements, EPC agreements, technology transfer agreements, technical know-how transfer agreements, business process outsourcing, IT enabled services agreements, collaboration agreements and other MOU’s, various commercial documents like lease, license and property related deeds and documentations, e-commerce market place & website privacy policies.
- Company Incorporation, Legal Metrology Registration, Trade License Registration etc.
- Conducting due diligences.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Services on all aspects of Trade Mark laws and practice including searches, opinions on register ability and infringement, as well as the filing, prosecution, and registration of applications.
- All matters relating to the registration and licensing of Copyrights and Designs, opinions on register ability and infringement, as well as the filing, prosecution, and registration of applications.
- Investigations, verification and identification of Intellectual Property – violations.
- Conducting civil and criminal raids.
- Intellectual Property litigation.
- Import of goods under Intellectual Property Rights (Imported Goods) Enforcement Rules, 2007
Employment, Industrial and Labour Laws
- Drafting of employment contracts and compliance with obligatory employment laws and national collective agreements.
- Review of terms of employment.
- Confidentiality Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Non-Solicitation Agreement.
- Long-term incentive plans for senior executives and employee incentive schemes.
- Industrial and Labour issues related to Gratuity, Provident fund, State insurance etc.
- Termination of employment contracts and severances.
- Collective redundancies.
- Employment claims.
- Disputes between employee and employer.
- Industrial and Labour disputes before the Commissioner, Tribunals and Labour Courts.
Areas of practice
The firm work as a one stop solution for Corporates and Individuals with a pragmatic approach to deliver all kinds of legal and administrative resolutions. The detailed list of areas of practice can be regarded at https://kpsadvocates.com/about-us
We are accepting applications for online legal internship, focused on:
- Employment Labour & Industrial Laws
- Environmental Laws
The scope of internship will include:
2. Exposure to handle various state and central legislations and their allied rules, notifications etc.
3. Legal Writings & Draftings
- Students pursuing LL.B. Course from any recognized law college are eligible for the Internship Programme.
- The student must possess strong writing and analytical skill.
The internship would be conducted online.
Duration of Internship
Students shall apply for a minimum period of 1 month.
- Applications will be accepted on the basis of availability of slots.
- Interested students can submit the curriculum vitae along with a covering letter mentioning the period of internship email@example.com with the subject “Application for Labour and Environment law Internship for the period __ to __”
The program is unpaid
31st of July, 2020 (Friday)
For any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call us on 9810986434 (Shayon chakrabati)